How to prepare Feast Watson Shellac:
Just follow these simple steps to achieve your desired glow to your furniture:
Before you get started...
- Make sure your timber is dry and free from any traces of dust, dirt, glue, wax, grease and oil.
- Before applying, fill any timber defects with a suitable wood putty. Make sure to note a blend of several colours may be required to match the timber colouring
- If the grain is open or very coarse apply one coat of Feast Watson Sanding Sealer and when thoroughly dry, sand off back to bare timber.
How to prepare new bare timber:
- Using a medium grit and the fine grit paper, sand new timber.
- Remember to sweep and vacuum any left over dust.
Previously Coated Timber
How to prepare previously coated timber:
- Ensure the old finish is completely removed by first sanding with a coarse paper, or stripping, then sand as for new bare timber.
- If the old coating is a varnish, it will only need to be sanded back to a smooth, uniform matt finish.
Note: Any wax build up on old French Polished surfaces should be removed prior to sanding, by wiping with a cloth dampened with warm soapy water or pure turpentine.